Great News! For overseas students, the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships 2024–2025 (fully funded) offer a Ph.D. scholarship. This scholarship will cover 36 months of domestic tuition fees in addition to an annual stipend of NZ$30,696.
Doctoral scholarships are granted by the University Council of the University of Otago to candidates enrolled in a supervised doctoral program at the university, based on a recommendation from the Senate. Normally, only students pursuing their first doctorate are eligible for these scholarships. One fully funded doctoral scholarship from the University of Otago may be awarded to one candidate.
The Doctoral Scholarship is available to students at the University of Otago who are pursuing a Ph.D. in any discipline. Nonetheless, in order for the candidates to be considered for both the offer and the scholarship at the university, they must fulfill all eligibility requirements.
About the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships 2024 (fully funded):
- Host Country: New Zealand
- University: University of Otago
- Degree Level: Ph.D. (Doctoral), Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd)
- Course Duration: One year
- Deadline: Ongoing (Can apply anytime)
Benefits of the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships 2024 (fully funded):
Applicants will receive the following benefits through this scholarship:
- The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships will pay a stipend of NZ$30,696 annually in addition to a 36-month waiver of domestic tuition fees (insurance and student services fees not included).
- Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd): a stipend of NZ$30,696 per year plus a 36-month tuition fee waiver capped at the domestic rate (insurance and student services fees excluded).
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to avail of this scholarship:
- English is the necessary language.
- All nations across the world are eligible.
- Applicants must have finished their master’s degree through papers and a thesis. Furthermore, the thesis and all pertinent advanced-level papers that go toward the degree have grades that matter.
- However, for applicants whose previous degrees have been granted by another university, the university will use the grades and papers from the applicant’s academic transcripts that it deems to be the most relevant to calculate a GPA score.
- Similarly, the candidate’s track record or potential for research
- The opinion, suggestion, and/or ranking of the appropriate department head
- Candidates from both domestic and foreign countries are eligible to apply for Otago University’s doctoral scholarships. International students will still be paid the domestic rate for the scholarship, though.
Applicants must follow the following procedures to apply for this scholarship:
- Through the doctoral program’s eVision portal, interested candidates can submit a simple online application for the University of Otago PhD Scholarships.
- Applicants will receive an alert on their student portal for the scholarship application invitation after submitting their admissions application.
- Ph.D. scholarships at the University of Otago are available at all times of the year. Candidates who are interested may apply at any moment.
For more information, please visit the official website of the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships: