Good News! For overseas students, there are two types of UBC Undergraduate Scholarships for 2024–2025 available. (OIS) Outstanding International Student Awards and (IMES) International Major Entrance Scholarships are the two categories of UBC undergraduate scholarships. Each year, different numbers and levels of these international scholarships are awarded, depending on the amount of funding available.
By allocating more than $20 million each year to awards, scholarships, and other types of financial aid for international undergraduate students, the University of British Columbia honors the academic success of talented students from all the nations.
When an eligible applicant is offered admission to UBC, they are given a one-time merit-based entrance scholarship known as the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award. Students who receive this accolade perform well in their classes and are active in extracurricular activities.
Outstanding foreign students who enroll in undergraduate programs at UBC are given abroad Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES). When a student begins their first year of study at UBC, they are given IMES, which they are eligible to keep for up to three more years. Depending on the available resources, different levels and numbers of these scholarships are offering each year.
About UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2024-2025:
- Host Country: Canada
- University: University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Deadline: January 15, 2024 (annual)
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and Technology
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability
- History, Law, and Politics
- Health and Life Sciences
- Languages and Linguistics
- Media and Fine Arts
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics
- People, Culture, and Society
For details, click here.
Benefits Of The UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2024-2025:
Applicants will receive the following advantage at UBC (University of British Columbia):
- By allocating more than $20 million each year to awards, scholarships, and other types of financial aid for international undergraduate students, the University of British Columbia honors the academic success of talented students from all the nations.
Candidates for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships must meet all the criteria listed below:
- Required Language: The main language of instruction at UBC is English. The main language of instruction at UBC is English. Before receiving a scholarship, all applicants must demonstrate that they have a basic command of the English language.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- New to UBC, coming straight from high school or a post-secondary institution (college or university).
- Being an international student attending UBC who is in possession of a Canadian study permit or visa. Your eligibility for the IMES may change if your citizenship status changes.
- Show intellectual promise and great academic accomplishment, as well as an outstanding level of extracurricular and community commitment.
- Not be selected for an International Scholars Award based on merit and need.
To apply for these scholarships, please follow the application guidelines below:
- To create a new account. Click here
- Complete your application for UBC by filling out your personal profile here
Note: By February 15, submit documentation demonstrating that you meet the required English language admission standard.
For more information, please visit the official website of UBC Undergraduate Scholarships: