Great New! The Tokyo Institute of Technology’s Titech MEXT Scholarship 2024 in Japan (fully funded) is currently accepting applications. The fully funded Titech MEXT Scholarships are available to foreign students studying in Japan for master’s and doctoral degrees. September 2024 will mark the start of the Titech MEXT Scholarship program in Japan.
In Japan’s Greater Tokyo Area, Titech Institute is a university dedicated to national research. Tokyo Institute of Technology’s (Titech) International Graduate Program assists students in obtaining a master’s or doctorate degree by providing five distinct English-language-based programs related to fourteen different departments. The International Graduate Program offers two different program types: the Master’s Program and the Integrated Doctoral Education Program. Additionally, some programs are designed to be combined with doctoral programs in order to offer a graduate student the opportunity to complete both degrees in three to five years. These programs are known as Integrated Doctoral Education Programs.
International students who want to study at Japanese universities for free under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program can apply for a MEXT scholarship at the Tokyo Institute of Technology from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology. Additionally, because all lectures and seminars are held in English, the Japanese language is not required for this Titech MEXT Scholarship for international students. Nonetheless, foreign students will have the chance to take Japanese language courses in order to learn, which will benefit them in their everyday lives.
About the Titech MEXT Scholarship 2024 in Japan (fully funded):
- Host Country: Japan
- Institution(s): Titech Institute (National Research University)
- Degree Level: Master’s and Doctoral Program
- Course Duration: 3 to 5 years
- Deadline: December 6, 2023,
- Architecture and building engineering
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Chemical science and engineering
- Computer science
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Earth and planetary science
- Information and communication engineering
- Industrial engineering and economics
- Life science and technology
- Mathematical and computing science
- Material science and engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Social and humanities sciences
- System and control engineering
- Transdisciplinary science and engineering
Benefits of the Titech MEXT Scholarship 2024 in Japan (fully funded):
The benefits of the Titech MEXT Scholarship 2024 are as follows:
- For scholars wishing to study for free in Japan, Tokyo Tech will waive the entire cost of tuition.
- Furthermore, there are no application or admission fees for MEXT Scholarship recipients.
- Additionally, MEXT will offer round-trip tickets for travel.
- Graduate students will receive a monthly stipend of JPY 147,000 through the MEXT Tokyo scholarship.
- In addition, a monthly stipend of JPY 148,000 will be awarded to doctorate students under the MEXT Scholarship.
- The MEXT Scholarship 2024 offers an exceptional opportunity to study at one of Japan’s top universities.
- Learn about Japanese culture and language.
- Moreover, foreign students can study in Japan for free thanks to the fully funded Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship.
The eligibility requirements for this scholarship are as follows:
- Candidates must be citizens of a nation with diplomatic ties to Japan, excluding Japanese citizens.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.30 out of 3.00 or higher in their most recent degree program is required of applicants.
- As of April 1st of their first year in the MEXT Scholarship program, applicants must be 34 years of age or under.
- The applicant’s field of study must match their previous degree or a related field, and it should also align with Tokyo Tech’s research areas.
- Candidates must meet the program’s English requirements and be proficient in the language.
- It is necessary for applicants to be in good physical and mental health in order to continue studying in Japan.
- The start date for applicants, which is in late September 2024, requires that they be able to travel to Japan and back within two weeks of that date.
- The applicant must obtain a “student” visa in order to enter Japan with that status.
- Active international students promoting understanding between their home country and Japan will receive the MEXT Scholarship in 2024.
- The applicant’s application should be completed in accordance with the guidelines provided on the Tokyo Tech Scholarship Program’s official website.
- ID Photo
- A consent letter or email from a Tokyo Tech faculty member
- Study Field and Study Program
- Summary of thesis
- English Proficiency Score Report
- Passport copy or residence card
- Verification of application fee online payment
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of degree
- Certificate of Graduation
- Evaluation sheet with a recommendation letter
- Recommendation Letter (from the dean or equivalent official)
- Application for individual assessment of admission eligibility
Applicants must follow the following procedures to apply for this scholarship:
- To begin your application for the Titeh MEXT scholarship in Japan, click the button.
- Prospective students ought to locate degree programs, research areas that interest them, and academic mentors.
- Candidates need to confirm that they are eligible for both the scholarship program and the international graduate program.
- To join the professor’s lab, send a consent letter or email with transcripts, resume, etc. Also, email the admissions department a copy of the consent letter.
- The candidates will then get a URL and password, which they need to enter into the online application system within a week.
- Applying online is simple for candidates who have the URL and password provided by the admissions department.
- Candidates need to complete the online application and send in the necessary supporting documentation.
- After reviewing the application materials, the admissions division will email each applicant to confirm receipt of their submission.
- The departments or supervisors will email the applicants the dates of the examination or interview.
- Applicants for the Titech MEXT Scholarship must submit the consent letter by November 29, 2023, at 23:59 (JST) and the scholarship application by December 6, 2023, at 23:59 (JST).
For more details, please visit the official website of the Titech MEXT Scholarship 2024: