The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2024-2025 are accepting applications from international students. Overseas students can pursue a Ph.D. at Canadian universities. This scholarship has an annual value of up to $60,000 (including a $20,000 yearly travel allowance).
By offering a sizeable yearly allowance for research and travel. The award encourages multidisciplinary study and innovative fieldwork. Allowing the scholars to interact firsthand with the many populations that can further their research.
Additionally, the Foundation pairs each scholar with a prestigious Trudeau Mentor who is chosen from among the most accomplished Canadian practitioners across all spheres of public life. Through available financial aid, the scholarship also provides the chance to network with a remarkable group of thought leaders and dedicated individuals in every area of the social sciences and humanities, take part in Foundation-sponsored events, and host their own workshops.
Candidates are assessed based on their academic performance, which must meet the highest requirements of the most prominent doctorate fellowship programs in the world. Future scholars must also exhibit the capacity for vigorous discussion with other researchers and academics and display a desire to participate in public discourse.
About Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2024-2025:
- Host Country: Canada
- Universities: Canadian Universities
- Degree Level: Ph.D. (Doctoral)
- Course Duration: Maximum three years.
- Deadline: Varies as per universities (Deadline to apply directly to the Foundation: December 02, 2023)
- Social Sciences
Benefits Of The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2024-2025:
Applicants will receive the following benefits through the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2024-2025:
- For a maximum of three years, each scholar will receive an annual value of up to $60,000 (which includes a $20,000 travel allowance each year).
Candidates must meet all the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships:
- English is a necessary language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- You must already be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program in the humanities or social sciences (broadly defined), or be in your first, second, or third year of study.
- One of the Foundation’s four major themes must be present in your Ph.D. thesis. Human Dignity and Rights, Civic Responsibility, Canada and the World, and People and the Environment.
- No matter if they are studying at a domestic or overseas institution, Canadian citizens are eligible.
- Non-Canadians participating in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution, whether they are citizens or permanent residents, are eligible.
Applying Procedures The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships 2024-2025:
Please adhere to the guidelines below while applying for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships:
- Make sure you submit your application by the deadline because internal deadlines vary by university.
- Create an account on the Foundation’s application portal before the competition begins by registering. Within 4 business days of enrolling, you will receive an email with a username and password (if you do not see it, please check your spam folder). You can log in using your current login information or ask to have your password reset if you already have an account from an earlier scholarship competition.
- Application completion Apply by filling out the application form in the “Ébauche / Draft” area of the portal after logging in. Additionally, kindly complete the “Coordinates / Contacts” part of the portal with your contact details.
- Obtain letters of recommendation: You will be required to submit the names and email addresses of your two referees in the appropriate boxes on the application form. The referees will automatically receive an email inviting them to send their letters of recommendation in PDF format to our platform. To ensure that you submit your references on time, we suggest you follow up with them.
- Transcripts: In one PDF file, upload all of your post-secondary education transcripts. Candidates without CEGEP transcripts from Quebec are not eligible.
- Please let the awards officer in charge of the PETF Scholarship competition at your university know that you’ve submitted an application. This guarantees that your application will be considered throughout the selection process at your university.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships: