Good news! For international students, the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025 is a fully funded award. This fellowship is for doctoral research studies. A grant of up to US$25,000 and individual health insurance are provided by the IIE-SRF Fellowship to support a visiting academic position lasting up to one year.
In order to enable researchers to continue their work in the field of liberty and security, the Baden-Württemberg Fund sponsors visiting research posts at universities and other higher education institutions in the German state of Baden-Württemberg. Teachers, senior scientists, and government intellectuals from any country, academic field, or discipline who face recent flight due to urgent and targeted risks to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of permanent residence are eligible researchers.
The IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) was founded in 2002 by Dr. Henry Jarecki, Dr. Henry Kaufman, and Mr. Thomas Russo as a result of the IIE trustees’ commitment to making rescue scholars a permanent element of the Institute’s work. Since IIE was established in 1919, preserving researchers and students who are in danger has been a major component of its purpose. IIE has demonstrated its commitment to defending the freedom to liberty of thought and the search for information from the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising.
About The IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025 (Fully Funded):
- Host Country: Host Partners
- Institution(s): IIE-SRF
- Degree Level: Ph.D. (Doctoral)
- Course Duration: One to Two years.
- Fields Available: Applicants from any discipline can apply for the fellowship.
- Deadline: All year round (Open).
Benefits Of The IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025 (Fully Funded):
Applicants will receive the following benefits through IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025:
- An award of up to $25,000 USD.
- A person’s health insurance.
- An academic visiting appointment can last up to one year and is renewable for another year.
- The location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution or other source(s) all affect the ultimate fellowship sum.
To avail of the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- English is a necessary language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Professors, senior researchers, and public intellectuals may apply, regardless of their nation, academic specialty, or discipline.
- Applications are evaluated based on the applicant’s academic background, the caliber or promise of their employment, and the seriousness of the hazards they are exposed to.
- Priority is given to students who:
- Possess a Ph.D. or the highest degree available in their profession, and/or have substantial experience teaching or conducting research at a university, college, or other higher education facility.
- Face urgent, serious, and targeted threats to their lives or professions in their home countries or places of residence, or have recently escaped such threats;
- Show exceptional academic promise and success;
- Will benefit the host academic community as well as their local community.
Applicants must follow the following procedures to apply for the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024–2025:
(1) Applicants may submit their documents themselves or through a third party on their behalf. The necessary application ingredients consist of:
- Cover page for an application.
- Academic assertion. Please provide a detailed statement outlining your training and experience in both academia and business.
- Current resume or CV.
- Statement of the self. Please include a detailed justification for your request for assistance from the IIE-SRF.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic or professional peers who are knowledgeable of your research, writing, teaching, or other advanced academic expertise.
- Two (2) personal letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your professional background and past struggles, such as coworkers. Please ask your referees to write their letters on business letterhead and email them directly to IIE-SRF at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever possible.
- A duplicate of your Ph.D. or comparable degree.
- Examples of your most recent publications in writing or research.
- A letter from a university that is accredited and could be able to host your fellowship. This is not necessary.
(2). Please send all application materials via fax, mail, or email (email is recommended).
(3). You can address letters to:
- Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3580
Please go to the official website to find out more about the IIE-SRF Fellowship.