Good news! The Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024 is an endowed scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only available for postgraduate work. This fellowship provides a salary of €18,500 per year, a contribution to tuition costs, including those from outside the EU, up to €5,750 per year, and eligible direct research expenses up to €3,250 per year.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is a reputable national initiative financed by the Department of Education and Skills and administered by the Council. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program stands out in the field of Irish studies and adds to existing funding options for postgraduate education in Ireland.
About Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded):
- Host Country: Ireland
- Institution(s): Mention below in the article
- Degree Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Course Duration: 1- 2-year research masters, 3-4 year PhD program
- Fields Available: All disciplines can apply.
- Deadline: October 20, 2023 (opens in September)
List of Approved Universities:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
Benefits Of The Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024:
The Government of Ireland Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A yearly payment of €18,500
- A fee contribution, up to a maximum of €5,750 each annum, which may include costs from outside the EU.
- Direct research costs of up to €3,250 per annum are allowable.
Candidates must fulfill the requirements listed below to be eligible for the Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships presented by the Government of Ireland in All Disciplines:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- A bachelor’s degree with first- or upper-second-class honors, or the (equivalent) degree, is required of the applicant. If the applicant’s undergraduate exam results are unknown at the time of application, the Council may nonetheless make a provisional offer of a scholarship as long as the scholar’s bachelor’s degree—or equivalent—graduation score is first-class or upper second-class honors. A scholar must hold a master’s degree if they don’t already have a first-class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s degree or the equivalent. The Council’s decision regarding a candidate’s eligibility based on these requirements is final.
- The applicant must have submitted more than two unsuccessful submissions to the program, including those that included strategic partner themes.
- The applicant must have been formally accepted by the appropriate department or school and be a fresh entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding.
- Candidates for research master’s scholarships cannot have or have had a Council Postgraduate Scholarship at the time of application.
- The only Council Postgraduate Scholarships that may be held by applicants for a Ph.D. degree scholarship are those that would allow them to pursue a research master’s degree.
- Depending on their nationality and place of residence, applicants will fall into one of two groups.
- Candidates for category I must meet BOTH of the following requirements: they must be nationals of an EEA member state or Switzerland OR they must have lived regularly in an EEA member state or Switzerland for 3 of the 5 years prior to October 1st.
To apply for this scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- As prompted, fill out the relevant registration form. Click “submit” at the bottom of the registration page once you have entered all the necessary information. Your supplied email address will immediately receive a confirmation email. Your username and password will be provided in this email, which will also indicate that your registration for the online system was successful.
- As soon as you have your username and password, you should use them to log into our website’s online system.
- The ‘home’ screen shown below is what you will see when you first log into the online system. You can then create, revise, and submit your application before the application deadline.
For more information, click here.
To learn more about the Government of Ireland Scholarship please visit the official website: