Great News! The ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded) is an amazing opportunity awaiting Zurich University in Switzerland. Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for the summer research fellowship. Students will have the chance to work on their research in the field of their choice during the summers, thanks to the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship program.
The fully funded summer research fellowship in Switzerland will run from July 1, 2024, to August 31, 2024, for a total of two months. This fully funded fellowship covers all expenses related to the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship in Switzerland. International students will receive complimentary airfare and lodging. Moreover, there will also be coverage for visa costs.
The Department of Computer Science at Zurich University proudly presents the fully-funded ETH Fellowship. This exceptional program, known as the ETH SSRF, was initiated to champion diversity in the field of computer science. Research topics in this program include visual computing, theory and algorithms, data management and machine learning, computer systems, information and system security, intelligent interactive systems, and physical computing. The program covers a wide range of computer science-related research areas. They established this fellowship in computer science and related fields because, as we are all aware, computer science is currently the most in-demand field.
About the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded):
- Host Country: Switzerland
- University: Zurich University
- Degree Level: Summer Research Fellowship Program
- Course Duration: 2 months
- Deadline: December 15, 2023,
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Information and System Security
- Computer Systems
- Intelligent Interactive Systems and Physical Computing
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Theory and Algorithms
- Visual Computing
Benefits of the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded):
Applicants will receive the following benefits through the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded):
- Fellows will have the opportunity to work on a research project in the field of their choice.
- Students will have the chance to participate in various social events. They will also have the chance to network internationally.
- A monthly allowance of CHF 1.750 will be provided to Eth Zurich Fellows to cover living expenses and housing costs.
- The 2024 ETH Student Research Fellowship will also pay for visa fees and travel. At the beginning of the ETH SSRF program, students can also claim their travel expenses by presenting their receipts.
- Students will be able to live affordably while conducting their research.
- Fellows will get free travel to Switzerland as well as the chance to experience the institute’s exquisite culture.
Eligibility Requirements for the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded):
The eligibility requirements for the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 are:
- The ETH SSRF fellowship is available to global students.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in computer science or any related field (such as electrical engineering, physics, or mathematics) is required of applicants.
- By the time the program begins, applicants pursuing a bachelor’s degree should have finished their two years of coursework.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for the fellowship’s duration.
- Although formal proof of language ability is not necessary, the fellows should speak English fluently.
- CV (Europass format)
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of motivation or personal statement
Note: Upload documents as PDFs. Password-protected PDFs should not be uploaded.
Applicants must follow the following procedures to apply for the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024:
- To start your application, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Initially, candidates should investigate the research topics and faculty members of the participating hosting labs.
- Applicants must select one or two preferred research areas in the online application.
- Candidates must fill out the online application form (sirop) and upload all necessary supporting documentation in order to be considered for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship 2024.
- Candidates ought to submit their applications prior to the ETH Summer Fellowship deadline. Aim to apply early rather than late.
- In February, an email notification will be sent to the chosen applicants.
- The applications that are submitted through the application portal site and contain all necessary documents will be the only ones that are taken into consideration for admission.
For more details, please visit the official website of the ETH Summer Research Fellowship 2024 (fully funded):