Good news! Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024 offers a few scholarships each year. For postgraduate studies to outstanding students from specific developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies. In order to foster effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN, Every year in June or July, after a tough application process, scholarships are given out on the basis of 50% grants and 50% loans.
The Foundation gives preference to requests for Master’s level coursework, but it will only take into consideration Ph.D. program applications from exceptional students who have received glowing recommendations from their professors and who need a Ph.D. to accomplish their professional goals (whether academic or research-oriented).
Applications for short-term courses or from students who have already begun their course of study are not taken into consideration.
About Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024:
- Host Country: Any highly reputable university except universities in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway, and Ireland
- Institution(s): Aga Khan Foundation
- Degree Level: Master’s, Ph.D.
- Course Duration: According to the chosen university
- Deadline: March 31, 2024 (The 2024-2025 cycle will open in January 2024)
- Agriculture and food security
- Civil society
- Economic development
- Enterprise development
- Financial inclusion
- Historic cities
- Humanitarian assistance
- Industrial development
- Infrastructure development
- Institution building
- Rural development
- Tourism promotion
A list of scholarship resource links can be useful.
Benefits Of The Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024:
Applicants will receive the following benefits through, Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024:
- The Foundation only provides aid for tuition and living expenses for students.
- Aga Khan Foundation offers financial support only for the first two years of a Ph.D. program; following that, students are responsible for finding other means of support.
- The amount of financial aid provided is determined by the student’s needs.
- Applicants are recommended to make every effort to acquire funding from external sources as well in order to keep the amount requested from the Foundation to a minimum.
- Those who are able to obtain some support from alternative sources get preference.
Note: The other half of the scholarship serves as a loan that gets repayment with a 5% annual service fee. The loan contract will need co-signing by a guarantor. A five-year payback period starts six months after the study period, which was funded by the Aga Khan Foundation, concludes.
Candidates must meet all the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships:
- Required Language: As determined by the requirements of the chosen institute.
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique are among the nations that can apply to the Foundation. Those who are citizens of one of the aforementioned developing countries, are interested in studies related to development and have no other means of financing their education are eligible to apply in France, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Canada.
- Good academic records over time.
- Genuine need for money.
- Admission to a prestigious university or program of study.
- Relevance of the study area to AKDN’s areas of focus.
- Exhibiting well-thought-out and organized educational and professional plans.
- Their abilities to excel in a foreign academic environment, as well as their extracurricular interests and accomplishments.
- It is a requirement of applicants that they have some job experience in their respective sectors.
- Students under 30 years old are the priority.
To apply for an international scholarship from the Aga Khan Foundation, applicants must follow the following instructions:
- There should be an opportunity to receive financial aid to attend the chosen university.
- Get a form from the AKF offices or the Aga Khan Education Services or Boards in the nation where you are presently residing.
- The entity that submitted the application should receive the completed one. They cannot be brought to Geneva.
Visit the official website to learn more about the international scholarships offered by the Aga Khan Foundation: